Saturday, March 21, 2020

Face toward the light


💛This is my daughter Abigaïlle (Evelyn). I took this photo almost a year ago on our third visit to spend time with our girls. I love this picture. I love the way she throws her arms back behind her in abandon. ❤️

Half of her face is bathed in sunlight and half is in shadow. This resonates with me right now as I battle to focus my heart on the light of my savior as we struggle with the wait to bring our daughters home. The half of me in the shadow of the unknown is aching and struggles to see past fear & worry for Haiti and my own hurt to be with my daughters and have them home.

Both the part of me in darkness and the part in light plead in faith for a miracle that I know God can provide, if it is His will, to be able to bring our girls home with the wave of Americans leaving Haiti after their country’s recent border closure. 🙏🏽We only have a passport for one girl… We need the other printed. And we need their medical exam done right away so they can leave the country.

I pray with all the energy of my soul that those in positions of influence will do all they can to bring our little girls home before a door closes that could be for a very long time. We just want them here with us where we can love and care for them.

And I pray that once things play out, however that is, that I will be able to throw my arms behind me in abandon and faith like my little girl does in this picture...and turn my face even more toward the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment