Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Hurry up and wait

A lot of this process is exactly that.  Hurry up and wait.  So it is.

This is what was done over the last 24 hours or so:  I emailed back and forth a couple of times with Josh, our caseworker at WIA, and was able to get an update back on our homestudy.  We also downloaded the updated forms off the immigration website and I filled them out.  Then I went and had new cashier's checks issues since I noticed they stamped a longer title ("U.S. Department of Homeland Security Citizenship and Immigration Services") over what was already there.  I didn't want to take any chances with paperwork coming back because of that, so I just cut new checks with the name they stamped.  Today I drove up to Mark's work because I forgot to have him sign the new I-600A form.  He also made a copy of all the documents for our records and I took the packet to UPS and mailed it off!  It will arrive Friday. 

Also, the homestudy update was both faxed and emailed to Toni at AGCI.  That should be the last thing she is waiting on to approve our dossier, give us our official log in date, and finally place us on the waiting list!  And then the real waiting can begin.

Like I said, hurry up and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment