Sunday, February 23, 2020

Heart explosion

I received a video of the twins today from a sweet adoptive mama who was at the crèche today. My heart just about exploded just at seeing the notification that Leah sent me a video!!! Here it is:


People. Their smiles. Those matching outfits that we left for them on another visit. Hearing them say Manman (mama). I just can't.

I am here to tell you that your face can almost crack from smiling so hard with adoration AND you can sob with the ache of missing someone simultaneously.

I miss them so much, but my heart is over the moon to be able to see a video of them. To see them, hear them and know it is from today is the closest I ever get to feeling connected with them while we wait.

My heart really needed this today. I am so grateful.

I can't wait to be reunited with them soon and not have to say goodbye this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment