Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Therapeutic dump

So yesterday I said that I had to contact USCIS to see what was going on with releasing the girls case files to the US Embassy in Haiti. Well that was easier said than done. After multiple calls and emails (thank goodness Chareyl encouraged me to start chasing this down)...we have been able to figure out that our file was sent from USCIS to the National Visa Center.

I tried calling the NVC, but every time I call it says that their call volume is too high and to call back later. *sigh* So I sent an email. This morning the NVC wrote me back a short email saying that the US Embassy in Haiti isn't currently open and processing visas and they will send our file on when it is. Mind you...the US Embassy in Haiti just emailed me yesterday morning saying that they are just waiting for our file to get there. They are open and processing. This is just sooo frustrating. The delays in this process are plentiful enough...and while difficult I can understand the complexities on the Haitian side... economic/political issues, cultural differences, length of time to accomplish things being complicated by a myriad of things including infrastructure, natural disasters and on and on...

but when the delays are your own government?? So frustrating.

Chareyl is reaching out to some contacts of hers in Washington D.C. and I forwarded on my response from the NVC to the US Embassy in Haiti to see if they could do anything from their end.

Hopefully we can get things moving because we still have a long road ahead to get these girls home and we haven't even gotten the girls' files back to the Haitian side yet...


No comments:

Post a Comment