Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Baby updates (do you see what I did there?)

So, just a couple little updates...

Mark and I had to update our fingerprints (yes, again) for our background checks. We couldn't line up our schedules last week so I did mine on Tuesday and Mark did his on Thursday (the only 2 days our police department offers fingerprinting). I took the fingerprints and filled out paperwork up to the agency on Thursday (10/25) and checked that off my list. It was fun to have someone in the office congratulate me on our match to the twins.

I've been able to find some pictures of the twins on social media. Chances 4 Children has social media pages that I've been able to scour and collect screenshots of them into an iPhoto album to save. I love looking at their little faces throughout the day and before I go to bed at night. The boys have also loved seeing some more recent pictures than the baby pictures we had from last October!

I bought some baby clothes. Retail therapy? Maybe. In any case I wanted to have some summer clothes to take to the orphanage to leave there and there were some great clearance sales to shop summer stuff since it's October...so I had to right?? Anyway, I snapped one photo of an outfit while I was unboxing stuff and am including it here because today I was able to take it (and one other outfit) to Chareyl to take our girls!

I was bringing Chareyl a letter and picture to take to Nelie Chery (we sponsor her education in Haiti) for her Haitian Roots trip that she leaves on this week. I figured that I would see if it was ok for her to take a couple outfits to the twins along with a couple photos of us. She said that she would, and that made me so very happy! She will try to get to the orphanage itself, but if not then she will be meeting with a representative from the orphanage that she will give it to for us. It feels so good to be able to not only buy something for them...but to also be able to send it to them to wear!! Oh how I would love to be able to see a picture of them wearing those clothes...or see them wearing them in person soon!!! Which leads me to my last bit of news...

Chareyl said that the document IBESR was waiting on from the orphanage got to them yesterday (October 29th)! Wahoooo! There is a holiday in Haiti Thursday and Friday so they are basically out of the office for the rest of the week (All Saints Day and All Souls Day...kind of like Day of the Dead for Vudoo), but she is optimistic that we could get our referral next week while she is in Haiti! She also said that she would communicate with the orphanage about us hoping to be able to travel over Thanksgiving. How wonderful would that be??

Fingers crossed and sending prayers up that we get our official referral soon so we can start making plans to go meet these two sweet little pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment