Sunday, December 15, 2019

Christmas music

I'm finding that Christmas music is going to be the end of me this year.

I was at our church's Christmas party on Saturday and they started playing music while people ate. Straight out of the gait the first song that played was, "I'll be home for Christmas"...

...that about destroyed me.

I have so much to be grateful for, but this Christmastime has been especially difficult with how much I miss our girls. Last Christmas I was missing them something fierce, but kept telling myself that at least next Christmas we'd all be together. With sentimentality at an all time high during the holidays I find that I am missing them even more than normal.  It's just so hard to be at the very end of this process and feeling stuck. I know it will happen and I'm trying to be patient, but hearing the words "I'll be home for Christmas" sung and knowing they weren't true for us really stung extra this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment