Saturday, December 21, 2013

Little updates

On December 17th we attended our assigned biometrics (fingerprinting) appointment at the Immigration office in Salt Lake City.  We had the first appointment of the day, so we were in and out pretty quickly.  It was kind of cool to watch the digital reading of our fingerprints (much more high-tech than the inked version we did at the police station for our local background checks).  These are transmitted electronically to pre-approve the immigration process for our child.

That day also happened to be my birthday, so after our appointment we picked up my birthday gift which was a signed print of Greg Olsen's painting Hand in Hand.  I've been so excited to put a copy of this up in our home.  First of all, I think it's beautiful...but also it reminds me that our Savior will watch over our daughter and guide her home to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment